Browns’ Myles Garrett Has Warning for 49ers QB Brock Purdy

Myles Garrett is on a tear and the Cleveland Browns star’s next target is San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy.

Garrett has amassed 18 sacks this season and is well on his way to another Defensive Player of the Year honor. He’s added many names to his notorious “quarterback graveyard” he puts up at Halloween. But Purdy is a passer who has not been sacked in his career. Garrett plans to change that on Sunday, but he’ll have to get by the 49ers’ towering veteran tackle, Trent Williams.

“I mean, the man’s the Hall of Famer, he’s seen a whole bunch of great rushers along this time. So, love the challenge. I know I haven’t gotten (Brock) Purdy and put him in the graveyard, so we got to make that happen,” Garrett said. “And, you know, he’s an obstacle and they’re going to have other things that they throw my way. And hopefully the weather holds up a little bit so they even have to throw the ball. But, I mean, he’s one of the best to do it. So, I look forward to the challenge and continuing on this streak that we’re on.”


Browns DE Myles Garrett Credits Teammates

Garrett has been near unstoppable this season but especially over the last four weeks. He has 13 sacks in the Browns’ last four games. Garrett credited his teammates for creating opportunities.

“Really, it’s all thanks to my teammates,” Garrett said. “Those guys have helped elevate my game, and hopefully I’ve helped elevate them as well. The level of chemistry and synergy that we’ve been rolling with, especially after the Vikings, after the Steelers, I think I got back healthy, and guys were feeling good and we’ve really been playing up to our potential since then.”

The Browns made a concerted effort to bolster the interior of their defensive line this offseason, and the results have been evident. Veteran Maliek Collins has emerged as a disruptive presence, piling up 6.5 sacks from the defensive tackle spot. Cleveland also invested heavily in the draft, selecting Mason Graham at No. 5 overall, and the rookie has quickly proved worthy of the pick, becoming a formidable force in the middle.


Browns Star Myles Garrett Not Thinking About Record

Garrett is on pace to become the NFL’s new sack king. The single-season NFL sack record is jointly held by Michael Strahan and T.J. Watt, who both recorded 22.5 sacks in their respective seasons in 2001 and 2021. Garrett has not made the record his focus but has a number in mind for where he wants to end up.

“I don’t even think about it,” Garrett said. “I want to be remembered as one of the very best at the position, and that includes being well-rounded, in the run and pass. I know the record for tackles for loss is 39 and I feel like I can go and challenge that. That’s not out of reach either. So, got to continue this level of play and elevate and pick it up as much as I can. So, as much as people want to see me break the sack record, I think there are other things out there which I want to achieve, and I think will help the team win.”

Garrett and the Browns are a 6.5-point underdog at home against the 49ers.

Like Heavy Sports’s content? Be sure to follow us.

This article was originally published on Heavy Sports

The post Browns’ Myles Garrett Has Warning for 49ers QB Brock Purdy appeared first on Heavy Sports.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *