Giovanni Pernice blasts ‘totally untrue stories’ in fresh statement as BBC Strictly investigation continues

The professional dancer has issued a new statement about the allegations (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/rex/Shutterstock)

Giovanni Pernice has issued a new statement regarding the BBC investigation into his behaviour during training on Strictly Come Dancing, emphasising that he looks ‘forward to clearing my name’.

The professional dancer – who was recently confirmed won’t be a part of the line-up on the 2024 series – has hit out at ‘totally untrue stories’ that have been spread about him, saying that the ‘latest accusations are simply false’.

In a recent interview, Amanda Abbington, who was partnered with him on the 2023 season before withdrawing from the competition early, called Giovanni ‘nasty’ and claimed that she requested for their rehearsal sessions to be recorded.

It was also reported that other celebrities who Giovanni had competed with on Strictly in the past, Laura Whitmore and Ranvir Singh, had met up to ‘compare notes’ about their experiences with him.

In May, Giovanni, 33, issued a statement to his fans, saying how ‘surprised’ he was that allegations had been made about his ‘dance teaching methods’, before adding: ‘Of course, I reject any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour, and I look forward to clearing my name.’

Join Metro’s Strictly community on WhatsApp

Want to be the first to get all the latest news and rumours from the Strictly dancefloor?

Join our Strictly Come Dancing WhatsApp channel to keep up to date with all the behind-the-scenes gossip about your favourite pros, judges and celebrities.

Simply click on this link, select ‘Join Chat’ and you’re in! Don’t forget to turn on notifications so you can see when we’ve just dropped the latest spoilers. Keep dancing!

He has now published a new statement addressing the accusations that have been made against him.

It was recently revealed that Amanda had seemingly deleted her Instagram profile (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

Giovanni has said he looks ‘forward to clearing his name’ (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)

While Giovanni does not specify the allegations that he is referring to, on Saturday June 15, The Sun published an article with quotes from a source that read: ‘The BBC inquiry has been told Giovanni’s lewd behaviour wasn’t limited solely to Amanda — he did similar to other dance partners as well.

‘It’s alleged he would grab his crotch in front of them if they did something good in rehearsals.’

In his new statement posted on Instagram, the Italian dancer wrote: ‘To my fans and followers, Every week, there are totally untrue stories about me in the media.

‘As you know, I have always rejected any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour. The latest accusations are simply false.’

He continued: ‘I am cooperating fully with the ongoing BBC investigation, which will determine the truth. As requested, I have stayed silent, but I am looking forward to the conclusion of the investigation and ultimately clearing my name and establishing the truth.

Giovanni is currently on tour with Strictly star Anton Du Beke (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Rex/Shutterstock)

‘I am so happy to be back on tour. Thank you all for your continued support – you messages and love mean so very much to me. I will hopefully see many of you very soon and I look forward to clearing my name. With love, Giovanni.’

Giovanni is currently on tour with Strictly Come Dancing former pro dancer and current judge Anton Du Beke.

Several people posted supportive comments for him in the comments underneath his latest message, including Blue singer Duncan James, who wrote: ‘Stay strong my friend. The truth always comes out in the end. Sending u love my bro ❤️.’

It was recently revealed that Mr Selfridge star Amanda, 50, had seemingly deleted her Instagram profile as the investigation into Giovanni’s behaviour on Strictly continues.

Strictly Come Dancing will return on BBC One and BBC iPlayer later this year.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *