Kate Middleton’s uncle is said to have signed a huge deal with Celebrity Big Brother bosses (Picture: Noble/Draper/Shutterstock)
Gary Goldsmith reportedly signed a big money deal with CBB bosses on Saturday (January 27) in a controversial casting.
It’s believed the outspoken businessman was locked in talks for a while.
‘Gary is champing at the bit to get on Celebrity Big Brother,’ a source said.
They added to The Sun: ‘He finalised the terms of his deal today and can’t wait to enter the house.’
It’s believed Gary, 58, was in the running for I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here last year, but was rejected during the final stage due to fears his appearance could embarrass the Royal Family.
Gary Goldsmith is said to be ‘champing at the bit’ to enter the house (Picture: UK Press Pool/UK Press via Getty Images)
He ‘won’t hold back’ with his views (Picture: Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty Images)
The source added: ‘The CBB team loves him because of his link to Kate and the fact that he’s confident and loud and won’t hold back.’
Gary has reportedly ‘made it clear he will talk about everything and anything’ and is ‘pretty outspoken’ when it comes to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
The source said: ‘Gary also holds a deep affection for Kate and Wills and will be able to give a fascinating insight into what it’s really like being related to the future King and Queen.
‘He could be TV gold and ITV knows it.
‘The deal he signed is for good money.’
When contacted for comment, a Big Brother spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: ‘Any names suggested for Celebrity Big Brother are purely speculation.’
The businessman attended Kate and William’s wedding in 2011 (Picture: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)
Rumours of his signing come after someone else with a royal connection hit out at claims she too was taking part in CBB.
After Nigel Farage received a whopping £1.5million for his I’m A Celebrity stint, executives were reportedly ‘pulling out all the stops’ to line up 64-year-old Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson and hand her a £500,000 paycheque.
However, a spokesperson for the Duchess later shut down the speculation.
‘This story is complete nonsense,’ they said.
‘The Duchess will not be appearing on this show.
‘As is widely known, she does not consider reality TV formats.’
Meanwhile, the likes of Phillip Schofield and Katie Price are also bookies’ favourites.
It’s also believed Dragon’s Den star Levi Roots and TV judge Louis Walsh are in advanced talks to take part.
Announcing CBB’s return, ITV previously said: ‘Celebrity Big Brother will see a new cast of famous faces isolated from the outside world as they embark on the ultimate social experiment, taking up residence in the iconic Big Brother house.
‘Leaving luxury behind, the celebrities will take part in weekly nominations and tough tasks with cameras capturing their every move.
‘Who will win the hearts of the nation, go all the way to the finish line and be crowned the winner?’
An official start date for the series is yet to be confirmed.
This will be CBB’s first series since the show was bought by ITV.
The civilian series returned with an almighty bang last September, running for six weeks with Jordan Sangha crowned the winner and walking away £100,000 richer in the end.
Celebrity Big Brother returns to ITV and ITVX later this year.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.