Caption: Say hello to @Leomie_Anderson, the new host of the fifth series of Glow Up: Britain?s Next Make-Up Star
Maya Jama decided to leave BBC’s Glow Up: Britain’s Next Makeup Star, and so for the fifth series she has been replaced by Leomie Anderson.
The 30-year-old took the reins of the competition, which has also previously been hosted by Stacey Dooley, whereby amateur makeup artists live and work together while taking part in challenges to prove their skills.
Supermodel Leomie had some big shoes to fill with fan-favourite Maya, but she’s done it effortlessly on her debut episode.
Her hosting talent has been recognised by viewers of the show, who have heaped on the praise.
One viewer wrote: ‘I was sad @MayaJama left but as her career’s gone from strength to strength and @Leomie_Anderson so deserved a presenting platform with her charismatic effervescence I guess it’s an all-round happy ending!’
They are not wrong – Maya, 28, is now hosting Love Island.
‘I didn’t know @Leomie_Anderson well enough to know how she’d handle presenting, but she’s doing well on this first outing.
Maya was the previous host of the show (Picture: BBC/Wall To Wall/ Dave King)
‘Seeing her instinctively push back on one competitor describe their own salon work as generic tells me she’s the right fit for the show,’ added another.
Leomie appreciated the encouragement and responded with: ‘Thank you for this! Had big shoes to fill but hope you enjoy what I bring to the series.’
A third person tweeted: ‘Brava to the new host.’
Another simply put: ‘How good is @Leomie_Anderson? Brilliant in my opinion!’
#glowupbbc I was sad @MayaJama left but as her career’s gone from strength to strength and @Leomie_Anderson so deserved a presenting platform with her charismatic effervescence I guess it’s an all round happy ending!
— Sarah Morgan (@sajamor) May 2, 2023
I love it. And I didnât know @Leomie_Anderson well enough to know how sheâd handle presenting, but sheâs doing well on this first outing. Seeing her instinctively push back on one competitor describe their own salon work as âgenericâ tells me sheâs the right fit for the show.
— Scott Matthewman (@scottm) May 2, 2023
Just when I needed it, #GlowUpBBC appeared back on the TV. Brava to the new host too, the stunning @Leomie_Anderson. ð¤
— GothBoyUK – Any respectful pronouns. ðªðºð³ï¸âð (@GothboyUK) May 2, 2023
How good is @Leomie_Anderson? Brilliant in my opinion!
— Andrew Breading ð³ï¸âðð´ó §ó ¢ó ·ó ¬ó ³ó ¿ (@abwales4) May 2, 2023
Leomie, who is joined on the show by experts Val Garland and Dominic Skinner, has spoken about feeling excluded from the beauty space ahead of her debut episode.
‘Growing up, I didn’t think make-up was made for black girls. In the fashion industry, this was just reiterated to me in a different way,’ Leomie explained to BBC Three.
She recalled having to bring her own ‘basic kit’ to jobs as the crew would often not have her shade.
‘I was othered. It made me feel like an afterthought.’
This has meant that the new hosting gig is even more important to her: ‘I know the impact of having make-up on that doesn’t make you feel the best. So, this is a big moment for me.’
Glow Up airs every Tuesday at 8pm on BBC Three, and is available to watch on BBC iPlayer on Wednesday mornings.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us email@example.com, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
MORE : Leomie Anderson says she was ‘racially profiled’ at restaurant and banned from returning
MORE : Love Island 2023 summer ‘start date revealed’ and we can’t wait for more Maya Jama
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- Illegal rave shut down by police after hundreds turn up at park News Crowds gathered for the unlicensed music event in Bristol, which was shut down by police (Pictures: BristolLive / BPM Media) Police shut down an illegal rave at a park where hundreds of revellers had gathered over the bank holiday weekend. More than 300 people had turned up for an unlicensed…
- Kate Middleton Makes Rare Remark About Princess Diana: She Would Have Been a ‘Brilliant’ Grandmother Entertainment <p>During an official royal appearance, <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/tag/kate-middleton/">Kate Middleton</a> made a rare remark regarding her late mother-in-law Princess Diana. A fan asked a pointed question of the Princess of Wales. This led to a heartfelt response regarding the relationship she believed Diana would have had with her grandchildren.</p> <figure class="wp-block-image size-full"><img…
- Erik ten Hag hails ‘brilliant’ Victor Lindelof with Man Utd ‘in control’ of top four finish after Aston Villa win Sports Lindelof shone with Varane and Martinez still missing (Picture: Getty) Erik ten Hag has singled out the ‘brilliant’ Victor Lindelof following Manchester United’s victory over Aston Villa. Bruno Fernandes’ goal after 39 minutes was enough to seal the win for United on Sunday afternoon, a victory that tightens their grip…
- 49ers Add Potential Kyle Juszczyk Replacement With Emergency QB Experience Sports When the San Francisco 49ers selected Brayden Willis with the 247th overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft, he was announced as a tight end, but the Oklahoma product did so much more during his time with the Sooners, from fullback to H-back, special teams ace, and even wildcat quarterback,…
- Jalen Ramsey Sends Message to his Future Rams Replacement Sports In the morning after the final day of the 2023 NFL Draft, the buzz continues for the Los Angeles Rams snatching final day steal Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson out of Texas Christian, which includes former Ram Jalen Ramsey chiming in. Many draft experts believed the national title game runner-up from TCU would…