Tiffany’s Hotel in Blackpool where the incident took place
A 10-year-old boy has died after being electrocuted at a seaside hotel in Blackpool, police have confirmed.
The incident happened at Tiffany’s Hotel on Sunday night and emergency services were called to the scene.
He was taken to hospital and was in critical care but died yesterday with his family by his side.
Lancashire Police said in a statement: ‘A boy has sadly died following an incident at a Blackpool hotel.
‘We were called to the Promenade, Blackpool, at 10.39pm on Sunday to reports a ten-year-old boy had been found unresponsive inside a hotel.
‘He was taken to hospital with injuries consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity and very sadly died in hospital yesterday, Thursday, September 7.
‘His family were by his bedside and our thoughts are with them at this time.’
The incident has now been passed over to the local authority following a police investigation.
A file is now expected to be prepared by the coroner.
A spokesperson for Tiffany’s Hotel said: ‘We are deeply saddened by this recent incident involving a child who has received a shock on Sunday evening within our reception lounge area. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the child and their family during this distressing time.
‘We want to reassure everybody that the health and safety of our guests and team remains our number one priority. We have taken the decision to voluntarily close temporarily whilst we undertake our own inspections.
‘Our phone lines do remain open and we are working very closely with the Blackpool Council and the local enforcement to assist in their investigation.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more stories like this, check our news page.