WATCH: Happy anniversary Ciara and Russell Wilson
Ciara has responded to those who don’t approve of her Vanity Fair Oscars party dress.
For this year’s affair, the singer wore a sparkling, sheer, backless Dundas dress with a plunging V-neckline. She paired the look with a black thong, opera style gloves and a pair of Santoni shoes.
The “Level Up” singer’s look, which she later shared on Instagram, immediately drew a lot of mixed opinions, with many criticizing how revealing the look was.
Russell Wilson, left, and Ciara arrive at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on March 12, 2023 in Beverly Hills, California.
“Less is more, little sister! This is embarrassing for your husband and children. Have some self respect, you’re a wife and mom,” one Instagram user wrote in the comments section of Ciara’s post.
Another wrote: “You are a stunning woman but this amount of skin is inappropriate for public events.”
Other fans and followers echoed these sentiments.
Ciara has since pushed back on those criticisms, posting a TikTok video on Thursday poking fun at the whole drama.
MORE: Ciara creates stylish look out of cargo pants: ‘Literally cut them open’
In the short clip, Ciara wears dark sunglasses and what appears to be a large sheet that covers her entire body. “How I’m coming to Vanity Fair next year,” she wrote in caption that superimposed the video, along with a teary-eyed laughing emoji.
“Selective outrage,” she added in the caption, along with a crying emoji.
In further response to the criticism, Ciara later posted a video of herself in a gray sweater dress and metallic boots while Beyoncé’s “Church Girl” played in the background.
“Strutting into the weekend like..,” she wrote in the caption of her TikTok post.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- Monica Lewinsky Tames Her ‘Jitters’ in Black Lace Party Dress News Writer Monica Lewinsky became a household name when President Bill Clinton admitted to having an affair with her while she worked at the White House as an intern in the mid-1990s. After many years out of the public spotlight, Lewinsky made headlines again in May 2014 when Vanity Fair magazine…
- Tems, woman who blocked audience at Oscars, responds News *See above for more information on Michelle Yeoh making history at the Oscars. LOS ANGELES (WJW) — Two days have passed since the 95th annual Academy Awards ceremony, and while it wasn’t nearly as eventful as last year’s event, which prompted a slap in the face, at least one moment…
- Beyoncé asserts her diva status in stunning gold sheer dress following star-studded Oscars afterparty Entertainment Does Beyonce ever NOT look incredible? (Picture: Beyonce/KJ Moody Instagram) Beyoncé gave the Oscar statue a run for its money after she showcased an opulent gold look following her star-studded after-party celebrating the awards. The music icon, 41, oozed glamour in a custom-made and crystal-encrusted Dolce and Gabanna gold sheer…
- Megan Fox Goes Solo To Oscars Party, Source Says Friends Think MGK Engagement Will Be “Probably Over” Soon News Megan Fox Machine Gun Kelly Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for The Recording Academy; Ethan Miller/Getty Images Megan Fox; Machine gun Kelly Megan Fox took off her clothes over Oscars weekend. After the 95th Academy Awards on Sunday in Los Angeles, 36-year-old Fox attended the Vanity Fair Oscars afterparty alone while her…
- Harriette Cole: My husband’s cute habits are wearing on my nerves News DEAR HARRIETTE: What used to be cute in my marriage is now driving me crazy. I can’t stand the habits that define my husband’s daily routine. Even the way he gets out of bed in the morning grates on my nerves. It continues from there. I know it’s not right,…