Hainault stabbing: Boy, 13, killed in horror sword attack after ‘man goes on rampage attacking five including two cops’

A THIRTEEN-year-old boy has been killed in the horror Hainault sword attack after a man allegedly went on a rampage.

The tragic death of the teen schoolboy comes after five people including two police officers were knifed in a terrifying frenzy.

A man was seen wielding a sword in east London this morning

PAA smashed up van can be seen cordoned at the scene[/caption]

This is the moment the suspect was arrestedSupplied

Five people were rushed to hospital following the attacks

A man, 36, wielded a huge blade and prowled the streets near the Tube Station in east London on Tuesday morning.

Chief Superintendent Stuart Bell has this afternoon revealed the heartbreaking news.

What we know so far…

Cops raced to Hainault around 7am after car driven into house

 Reports of five stabbed – including two cops

 Hainault Tube Station closed around 7.30am

 Shocking videos show sword-wielding man on street

 Suspect, 36, arrested and remains in custody

Ambulance say five people raced to hospital

Boy, 13, confirmed dead

He said: “It is with great sadness that I confirm that one of those injured in the incident, a 13-year-old boy, has died from their injuries.

“He was taken to hospital after being stabbed and sadly died a short while after.

“The child’s family are being supported firstly by my local officers and now with some specialist officers and everyone across the Met is keeping them in our thoughts at this unimaginably difficult time.”

Commander Bell described the incident this morning as “truly horrific”.

“I cannot even begin to imagine how those affected must be feeling,” he said.

“My thoughts are with the injured, their families and the wider community as we all begin to come to terms with what has happened and try to understand what has happened here.

“I know that there will be clearly and understandably a desire for answers and an explanation to what happened.

“Our investigation is in its very early stages and my officers are working right now to establish the full facts as a priority.”

Met Police said they were called around 7am to reports a vehicle had been driven into a house in the Thurlow Gardens area.

People were reportedly stabbed at the property before the suspect went on to attack random members of the public and two cops.

One resident said she saw a body on the ground as she hid by her window while a man wielding a sword shouted “do you believe in God?” outside her house.

The local from Laing Close, who does not wish to be named, said she saw a man standing outside her home next to a body and wielding a sword in front of two unarmed police and an ambulance.

“He was wielding his sword trying to attack the police but then they sprayed him and he ran away,” she said.

“He was shouting at the police ‘do you believe in God?’, also at the ambulance.

“We were very scared and trying to hide and not show ourselves through the window, because he was standing right next to our house and he could have seen us if he looked up.

“We were trying to hide but also at the same time taking video of him attacking the police, and of the body on the floor, so, yeah, we were very scared and we didn’t know what to do.”

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Ade Adelekan this morning said the incident is not terror-related.

He said: “This must have been a terrifying incident for those concerned.

“I know the wider community will be feeling shock and alarm.

“People will want to know what has happened and will we provide more information as soon as we can.

“We do not believe there is any ongoing threat to the wider community. We are not looking for more suspects.”

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *