You can add icons to your desktop in Windows 10 and more easily access system folders or apps.
When you add icons to your desktop, you create shortcuts to folders or programs such as your Recycle Bin or Control Panel.
Here’s how to add icons to your desktop in Windows 10.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Your Windows computer has a certain set of integral files built-in to it, such as the Computer, User Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel folders.
Now, you can get to any of these folders at any time by looking them up in the Windows Start Menu, or by typing their name into the search bar. However, if you find yourself using one or more of them frequently, you may find it easier to simply add it to your desktop instead.
Adding these shortcuts to your desktop will allow you to click on them to open them in one step, as well as click and drag other files to them to easily keep your desktop organized.
Here’s how to add icons to your desktop on your Windows 10 computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Windows 10 (From $139.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to add icons to your desktop on your Windows 10 computer
1. Open the Start menu by clicking the Windows icon at the bottom-left of your screen.
2. Select the Settings button, the gear icon above the power button.
3. In the Settings menu, click “Personalization,” the icon at the top-left depicting an image of a desktop computer and a paintbrush.
4. From the menu on the left hand side, select “Themes.”
5. Under “Related Settings” on the right hand side, click “Desktop icon settings.”
6. In the pop-up menu, choose the icons that you want to appear on your desktop from the checklist, then click “Apply.”
7. After the process is complete, click “OK.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to empty the recycle bin on your Windows 10 computer in 3 ways
How to change the size of your desktop icons on a Windows 10 computer
How to add websites to your favorites bar on a Windows 10 PC’s Microsoft Edge browser
How to change the admin user on a Windows 10 computer, and add or remove admin accounts
How to open a Pages file on your Windows 10 computer using a third-party app
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Inside the US government’s top-secret bioweapons lab
Source:: Business Insider