You can buy Skype credit in increments of $5, $10, or $25 at a time.
Skype Credit lets you pay for any of the features of Skype that are not free, such as when using the platform to contact a landline or cellphone not using Skype, or to make international calls.
If you will be using Skype heavily, a subscription might make more sense, which start as low as $2.99 per month for domestic plans, with many generous international plans well under $10 monthly.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Depending on how you use Skype, you may be able to chat away all day and never spend a penny.
Skype-to-Skype calls, whether via video or voice only, are free whether the participants are in the same country or in different continents all together.
If you want to use Skype to call someone who uses a cellphone or landline, however, you can use Skype credit at varying rates to do so.
Here’s how, first using Skype on your computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy s10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro 13-Inch Display with Touch Bar (From $1299.00 at Apple)
How to buy Skype credit using your computer
1. Log into Skype on your Mac or PC and click on your profile picture.
2. Click on the words “Add Skype Credit.”
3. Click the “Continue” button within the “Skype Credit” box that suits your preference (dollar amount, e.g.)
4. Choose your payment method (or add a new one) and click “Pay now.”
How to buy Skype credit using your mobile device
1. Open the Skype app on your iPhone or Android and then tap your profile picture at the top of your screen.
2. Tap “Skype to Phone.”
3. Tap the amount of credit you wish to add, then tap the “Add $ credit” button and confirm the payment.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to use Skype on your iPhone — a quick guide to the app’s features
How to use the Skype Translator tool to translate audio and messages on your computer or mobile device
How to delete a Skype conversation on a computer or mobile device
How to delete Skype messages on the desktop or mobile app
How to change your Skype profile picture on a computer or mobile device
SEE ALSO: The best laptops you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: How autopilot on an airplane works
Source:: Business Insider