Killer finally shows family where he buried their grandma

Nizamodeen Hosein went over photos of the murder site with Muriel McKay’s daughter Dianne

The daughter of a woman who was kidnapped and murdered in 1969 has met with her mum’s killer so he could show her where she’s buried.

Muriel McKay died at the age of 55 when brothers Arthur and Nizamodeen Hosein snatched her from her home in Wimbledon and tried to ransom her for £1 million.

The brothers refused to say what had happened when police arrived at the Hertfordshire farm where they held Muriel and found no trace of her – and Arthur took the secret to his grave.

Nizamodeen also remained tight-lipped for decades but finally agreed to meet Muriel’s daughter and grandson on Saturday in his native Trinidad and Tobago, where he was deported after serving 20 years in jail.

Muriel was kidnapped and murdered in a case of mistaken identity (Picture: PA)

Arthur Hosein, left, died in prison in 2009, while his brother Nizamodeen is alive and living in Trinidad and Toabgo (Picture: Bettmann Archive)

Dianne McKay, 84, was seen smiling and embracing Nizamodeen, now 76, as she arrived with her son Mark Dyer for a meeting which would end up lasting four hours.

He showed them pictures of the farm, he pointed out a spot and said ‘this is where I buried her’, The Times reports.

‘I was young and scared of my brother. I just did what I was told,’ Hosein, 76, told Diane, according to the newspaper.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5

“Muriel called me son and that’s the hardest part about it. I regret every single bit of it and I wish I could turn back the hands of time but I can’t.

‘My head has been in turmoil. I cannot sleep at night and I want closure. I get up and walk for miles, the police find me in the street and have to take me home.’

The killer previously insisted Muriel died from a heart attack, and it’s not clear whether he intends to tell the McKay’s otherwise.

He reportedly signed a $50,000 (£40,000) contract last year to tell the family how and where Muriel died but later turned down the money out of guilt.

Nizamodeen said he was ‘young and scared of his brother’ (Picture: Mirrorpix)

Mark, 59, told Sky News at the time: ‘Nizam could certainly have made good use of the cash because he is living in a hut with rotting floorboards, no proper sanitation and poisonous snails climbing the walls.

‘He seems to have rejected the money because he wants closure. He’s getting old and he’s frail and it was perhaps his chance to atone for what he did.

‘Our lawyer gave him the first $500 and he just pushed it away. For me, that gave him legitimacy.’

The Hoseins mistook Muriel for media tycoon Rupert Murdoch, who had just bought the Sun and News of the World at the time.

Muriel’s grandson, Mark Dyer, said the meeting was a ‘great success’ (Picture: Sky News)

She was followed home by the brothers after they spotted her leaving a company building and failed to realise she was in fact the wife of newspaper executive Alick McKay.

Muriel’s case is one of the rare deaths in the UK to have resulted in a murder conviction despite no body being found.

Speaking on Monday, Mark told the BBC the four-hour long meeting was a ‘great success’ but left him ‘lost for words’.

British detectives are in contact with the family and ‘will review any new information’, the Metropolitan Police say.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check our news page.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *