King cancels royal engagements for up to a month as he recovers from surgery

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

The Queen has visited the King for a third time as he continues to remain in hospital after undergoing a procedure for an enlarged prostate.

It’s also been revealed that Charles will not carry out any royal duties for up to one month during his recovery.

Queen Camilla smiled as she arrived at The London Clinic in central London by car just before midday on Sunday – the same hospital where the Princess of Wales is being cared for following abdominal surgery.

She told people inside The London Clinic on Friday that the King was ‘doing well’ after the procedure, which took place on Friday.

Charles also reportedly took time to visit his daughter-in-law, Kate, who is on the 12th day of her hospital stay after undergoing a successful operation last week.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman previously said: ‘His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness.’

The King is said to be doing well (Picture: Getty)

Camilla was seen leaving the hospital where Charles is (Picture: PA)

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has wished Charles the ‘very best’ for his treatment and a ‘speedy recovery’ afterwards, a Downing Street spokeswoman said.

The King was diagnosed with the benign condition on January 17 while staying at Birkhall, Aberdeenshire, after going for a check-up because he was experiencing symptoms.

He is understood to have wanted to share the news to encourage other men to get themselves checked.

While the royals are usually tight-lipped about their health, palace officials say Charles wanted to share details to encourage other men to get their prostate checked.

More Trending

Read More Stories

Charles, who acceded to throne only 16 months ago, cancelled engagements and was urged to rest by his doctors ahead of the corrective procedure.

NHS England said the ‘enlarged prostate’ page on the NHS website received one visit every five seconds on the day the King’s diagnosis was announced, with further huge boosts in visits in the days that followed.

The Queen had previously said her husband is ‘fine’ and looking forward to getting back to work.

Kate, 42, is also not expected to carry out official engagements until after Easter, with the Prince of Wales clearing his diary of official duties for the time being.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *