King Charles has left the hospital where he underwent surgery on an enlarged prostate last week.
The 75-year-old monarch arrived at the London Clinic ahead of his procedure on Friday, accompanied by Queen Camilla.
He appeared to be in good spirits upon leaving the building today, grinning and waving to well-wishers who had gathered outside.
Buckingham Palace has not confirmed details of the operation, beyond describing it as a ‘corrective treatment’.
While the royals are usually tight-lipped about their health, palace officials say Charles wanted to share his experience to encourage other men to get their prostate checked.
The number of people visiting an NHS webpage on prostate enlargement jumped nearly twelvefold in the wake of reports on his diagnosis.
Camilla previously said her husband is ‘fine’ and ‘looking forward to getting back to work’ after his treatment.
The King’s return home came hours after his daughter-in-law the Princess of Wales left hospital following abdominal surgery.
Kate, 42, had spent two weeks in the London Clinic following the procedure.
Police officers stood guard outside the London Clinic where Kate Middleton underwent abdominal surgery 14 days ago (Picture: PA)
No details were released about her condition, but Kensington Palace previously said it was not cancer-related.
A statement from the Palace today said: ‘The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery. She is making good progress.
‘The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided.’
All of Kate’s engagements have been cancelled until after Easter to allow her to focus on recuperating from the surgery.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at email@example.com.
For more stories like this, check our news page.