Map shows suspected chemical attacker’s movements before he was last seen

Police are hunting down Abdul Ezedi (Picture: Met Police)

The last-known movements of the suspected chemical attacker who injured a mum and her two young daughters in London have been pieced together.

Abdul Ezedi has been on the run for two days since a horrific incident in Clapham on Wednesday night which left a woman, 31, with life-changing injuries in hospital.

The 35-year-old, originally from Afghanistan, is being tracked down by the Met Police and today commander Jon Savell urged Ezedi to ‘do the right thing’ and hand himself in.

Ezedi was last spotted at King’s Cross underground station boarding a southbound Victoria Line train at 9pm on January 31, an hour-and-a-half after he fled the scene of the attack.

Detectives have issued multiple CCTV images of Ezedi at the Tube station and at a Tesco Express in Caledonian Road around 20 minutes earlier, with a severe injury to his face.

A full timeline showing exactly where and when Ezedi was throughout the day has been released by police.

Our map below shows the key locations and times.

Ezedi’s key last-known movements have been pieced together (Picture:

Timeline of Abdul Ezedi’s movements

The Met Police issued a timeline of Abdul Ezedi’s movements on Wednesday, January 31 before he was last seen. They are as follows:

12.15am: Abdul Ezedi left Newcastle in his white Hyundai car and travelled south to London
6.30am: He was seen driving in the Tooting area of the capital
4.30pm: There was a further sighting of his vehicle in Croydon
7pm: He was spotted driving in the Streatham area
7.25pm: The ‘awful’ chemical attack is carried out in Lessar Avenue in Clapham, SW4, before he crashes the car and flees on foot
7.33pm: He boards a train at Clapham South underground station
7.59pm: Ezedi is spotted leaving that train at King’s Cross underground station
8.42pm: He’s pictured on CCTV leaving Tesco Express in Caledonian Road, north London with a significant facial injury, turning right out of the store
9pm: Ezedi is spotted boarding a Victoria Line tube train at King’s Cross heading southbound – it’s the last time he’s been seen

Several houses have been raided in the hunt for Ezedi, including two in east London and three in Newcastle, where he travelled from.

One of the homes raided was thought to be that of Ezedi’s brother in Leytonstone, east London, in the early hours of this morning.

Cmdr Savell said: ‘Two empty containers with corrosive warnings on the label were found at an address in Newcastle.

‘Forensic tests are currently ongoing to see if the containers held the substance used in the attack in Clapham.’

Ezedi was seen with a serious injury to his face on CCTV at a Tesco store in Caledonian Road at 8.42pm on Wednesday (Picture: PA)

The mum who was hurt in the attack is still ‘very poorly’ in hospital, Cmdr Savell said, and is likely to have suffered life-changing injuries.

Her two children, aged three and eight, are still in hospital but their injuries have now been assessed and aren’t thought to be life-changing.

Three women and a man who ‘bravely came to the aid of the family’ have been discharged with minor burns.

Meanwhile five officers who were hurt have all returned to duty.

The last known sighting of Ezedi was at 9pm at King’s Cross underground station where he was seen boarding a southbound Victoria Line train (Picture: Met Police)

Who is Abdul Ezedi?

Ezedi arrived in the UK in a lorry eight years ago and was granted asylum after two failed applications after he said he’d converted to Christianity – and said it would put him at risk to return to his homeland.

The claim was backed up by a priest who wrote a letter supporting his claim.

He was convicted of ‘sexual assault/exposure’ at Newcastle Crown Court in 2018 and was given a suspended sentence with an unpaid work order.

Once the order was completed in 2020, he was discharged from probation supervision but will remain on the sex offenders register until 2028.

Ezedi was convicted of a sex offence in Newcastle in 2018 and was later granted asylum after claiming he’d converted to Christianity (Picture: PA)

Detectives believe he is known to the family who were injured, but they are not clear on the exact relationship.

Emergency services rushed to Lessar Avenue, near Clapham Common, at about 7.25pm on Wednesday.

He is described as mild-mannered and to ‘keep himself to himself’, according to residents in the Byker area who spoke to the Telegraph.

Ezedi’s last known address was a hostel in the city which provides accommodation for people deemed to be homeless or vulnerable.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5

Cmdr Savell said: ‘As you have seen from the image we have released of Abdul Ezedi, he has suffered a serious facial injury.

‘I’m making a direct appeal – hand yourself into police, not only so we can speak to you, but so you can get the urgent medical treatment you obviously need.’

He also urged anyone with information about Ezedi to get in touch and added: ‘I would also like to reiterate the fact that if you see Ezedi, call 999 immediately. He should NOT be approached.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at

For more stories like this, check our news page.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *