Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene appeared on the ultra-rightwing cable network Real America’s Voice and railed against what she called America’s “proxy war” in Ukraine, saying it is “ridiculous” what the US is “doing over there” and that “we’re paying for Zelensky’s salary and people’s retirement over there.”
Green insinuated that the media and even her own congressional colleagues were telling “lies” about Vladimir Putin‘s intentions.
Contrary to what she hears in the House of Representatives and on TV, Greene said she has no reason to believe that Putin has plans to “invade Europe” — this despite Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. (Note: Ukraine is a member of the European Union.)
“I’ve never seen Putin show in any detail his plans to invade Europe,” Greene said. “No one has shown me that, so I don’t believe the lies I’m being told about this.”
Marjorie Taylor Greene: “The whole point that we’re over there in Ukraine is ridiculous…We are paying for…a proxy war with Russia, when I’ve never seen Putin actually show in any detail his plans to invade Europe…I don’t believe the lies that I’m being told about this.” pic.twitter.com/EMryvHC7Rx
— Republican Accountability (@AccountableGOP) March 16, 2023
Greene raged against a U.S. policy of Ukraine assistance that is largely supported by Democrats and, perhaps with more reservations, Republicans. Such unlikely bedfellows as Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney have emphasized the importance of standing up to Putin and battling against Russia’s Ukraine invasion on the longstanding premise that such actions are in America’s vital national security interest.
To those who believe that Russia’s unprovoked and barbaric invasion of Ukraine is not a priority for the United States – you are missing a lot.
— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) March 14, 2023
But Greene is doubling down on a popular MAGA position also held by Donald Trump — and more recently seconded by undeclared presidential candidate Ron DeSantis — that Ukraine is a distraction and a money pit.
Echoing Trump, but with far more words, DeSantis declared his MAGA-aligned Ukraine position in a response to Tucker Carlson‘s potential candidate query.
DeSantis wrote: “While the U.S. has many vital national interests — securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party — becoming further entangled in a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia is not one of them.”
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- Mortars, artillery, and small arms fire as the battle for Bakhmut rages on News By Mike Collett-White NEAR BAKHMUT, Ukraine (Reuters) – From a mortar position behind a ridge behind which Ukrainian and Russian troops face each other outside the hotly contested town of Bakhmut, a crew adjusted their guns before firing seven shots. The impact of each was heard in the distance seconds…
- ‘Sickened’ Robert Smith rages at Ticketmaster for adding extra fees as The Cure tour goes on sale Entertainment Robert Smith is not happy with Ticketmaster (Picture: Getty Images) Robert Smith has hit out at Ticketmaster for adding extra fees on top of ticket prices. The Cure star blasted the company on Twitter as tickets for the band’s upcoming tour went on sale this week. He had previously confirmed…
- Abbott Elementary’s Lisa Ann Walter Auditioned for Susie Greene on ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ – ‘You Got to Really Give It to Jeff, I Could Not Do It’ [Exclusive] Entertainment <p>Who knew? Lisa Ann Walter who brought the hilarious Sicilian-loving teacher Melissa Schemmenti to life on <em><a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/tag/abbott-elementary/">Abbott Elementary</a> </em>almost played the <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/tracey-ullman-on-curb-your-enthusiasm-susie-essman-says-comedians-cameo-was-a-highlight.html/">raunchy Susie Greene</a> on <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/tag/curb-your-enthusiasm/"><em>Curb Your Enthusiasm</em>.</a> </p> <p>Walter recently spilled the tea to Showbiz Cheat Sheet during an interview about her partnership with Fiber One.…
- Zendaya’s Stylist Law Roach Retired Due to ‘Lies and False Narratives’ and Twitter Users Are Citing 1 Video Entertainment <p>Law Roach has officially retired. The <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/tag/celebrity/">celebrity</a> stylist has accumulated no small amount of success in his career. Emma Watson, Tom Holland, Celine Dion, Anya Taylor-Joy, and more have all benefited from Roach’s talent. However, Roach might be best known for his work styling Zendaya. <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/euphoria-zendaya-reportedly-earn-1-million-per-episode-season-3.html/">The <em>Euphoria</em> star</a>…
- Fashion world rallies around Law Roach as iconic stylist announces shock retirement: ‘The lies and false narratives finally got me’ Entertainment Celebrity stylist Law Roach has retired (Picture: Getty) Law Roach has left the fashion industry in shock after announcing his decision to retire, declaring that the ‘false narratives finally got’ him. The celebrity stylist has worked with some of the biggest names in the world, including Celine Dion, Ariana Grande,…