Prince Harry, Britain’s Duke of Sussex, has accepted substantial damages and an apology from Splash News and Picture Agency which took photographs of his home, Buckingham Palace said on Wednesday.
Prince Harry’s lawyer said Splash had chartered a helicopter on January 9, 2019, to take photos and film the private home of Harry and his wife Meghan, a former American actress, in Oxfordshire, central England.
“The syndication and publication of the photographs very seriously undermined the safety and security of the Duke and the home to the extent that they are no longer able to live at the property,” the Duke of Sussex’s lawyer said in a court statement.
“The property had been chosen by The Duke for himself and his wife given the high level of privacy it afforded given its position in a secluded area surrounded by private farmland away from any areas to which photographers have access.”
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections. Election results will be out on May 23.
Source:: Daily times