
Manchester United forward Joshua Zirkzee has said yes to moves to both Juventus and Napoli with the Serie A giants battling for his signature.
Zirkzee is among the players United are prepared to let go this summer for the right offer after two underwhelming seasons at Old Trafford.
While there have been flashes of brilliance, his time at United has ultimately been undermined by his poor goal return. The Dutchman has scored just five goals in the Premier League since his £36.5million arrival from Bologna in the summer of 2024, nine in total across 75 appearances.
The forward featured regularly in pre-season but was left out of the side in the final game against AC Milan by Michael Carrick last Saturday.
Exclusive Premier League previews
Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free.
Juventus have shown interest in signing the 25-year-old throughout the summer but find themselves needing to trim their current squad before moving forward. United are said to have already given their approval to a move if terms can be agreed.
Napoli have also emerged as an interested party with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting Zirkzee is ready to join either club before the summer transfer window closes.
Gazzetta has previously claimed United would be prepared to let Zirkzee leave for a fee of around €35million to €40million. A more likely situation would be an initial loan with a fee with an option or obligation to buy at the end of the season.
Napoli are also weighing up moves for two other Premier League forwards in Arsenal’s Gabriel Jesus and Nicolas Jackson of Chelsea.
United are closing in on their third midfield signing with a deal for Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba in the works. A new left-back is also on their list while another centre forward could be sought should Zirkzee move on.
Benjamin Sesko missed United’s entire pre-season with a shin injury and it remains to be seen if he will be considered ready to lead the line for Michael Carrick’s side when their season begins on Saturday against Hull City.
Bryan Mbeumo impressed through the middle again during pre-season with Matheus Cunha also capable of taking up that role.