Dad-of-four, 43, dies after ‘attack’ at Wetherspoons pub with devastated family paying tribute – as two men arrested

A DAD-of-four has died five days after he was reportedly brutally attacked outside a Wetherspoons pub.

Police rushed to the Mile Castle pub in Newcastle shortly before 8pm on Thursday evening, discovering Darren Tulip, 43, suffering from serious injuries.

He was treated at the scene before quickly being taken to hospital.

However, despite the best efforts of medical staff, the 43-year-old tragically passed away on Tuesday.

Darren’s heartbroken family have started a fundraiser to help collect money for his funeral.

On the GoFundMe page, a statement from his family says: “As a lot of people would have seen Darren was involved in a incident that has now sadly lost him his life.

“He’s left behind his four babies, a devastated girlfriend, and a heartbroken family as well as so many friends that cared about and loved him.

“Darren took his last breaths surrounded by people that adored him and grew his wings on Wednesday, March 25.”

Northumbria Police earlier confirmed that two males in their 20s had been arrested in connection to the incident.

Detective Chief Inspector, Tomasz Fowler, said: “Firstly, we’d like to say that our thoughts are firmly with the family and loved ones of Darren who has sadly died.

“Specially trained officers continue to support his next of kin at what must be an extremely difficult time for them.

“Our investigation into the circumstances of how Darren came to sustain his injuries continues and several lines of enquiry have already been carried out.

“If you have information which could assist us but have not yet made contact, please do so.”

Northumbria PoliceDad-of-four Darren Tulip has died five days after he was allegedly attacked outside a Wetherspoons pub in Newcastle[/caption]

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *