LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have decided to return to the United Kingdom, but they won’t resume their roles as working members of the royal family, Britain’s Daily Telegraph newspaper reported.
King Charles III was alerted to the decision on Sunday and wasn’t told about it during the couple’s visit to the UK last month.
The Telegraph – which broke the story – reports that Harry and Meghan’s children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, have already enrolled at British schools and will start classes in September.
The decision comes more than six years after the couple gave up their royal duties and moved to California to pursue lucrative media contracts. Returning to Britain will allow the king, who is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer, to see more of his grandchildren.
Related Posts:
- Platell: Prince Harry shouldn’t even try to speak to William before their dad dies! Entertainment Do you ever wonder what it will take for the British tabloids to move on from their increasingly feeble Sussex storylines? They’ve spent nearly seven full years ranting about: how Prince Harry needs to leave Meghan and the children in California and come back to them; that Harry and Meghan…
- British couple on their honeymoon die in helicopter crash on Greek island News To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Up Next Previous Page Next Page Two newlyweds from London died after a helicopter carrying them to their honeymoon in Greece crashed moments before landing. Police said Alexander Cromie and Marie Ebert…
- Harry and Meghan’s return to Britain revealed – and it’s soon News Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are coming back to the UK (Picture: AFP via Getty Images) Details of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return to Britain have seemingly been revealed. It’s been reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the UK, six years on from…
- Prince Harry plans to visit the UK ‘every few months’ ahead of the Invictus Games Entertainment In the past two or three years, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex regularly update certain members of the British and American press. The Sussexes’ communications team has their own little mini-royal rota, with hand-picked journalists and outlets getting briefings. That blew up in Australia, when the Daily Mail broke…
- Prince Harry wants to return to UK ‘every few months’ after ‘happy’ reunion News Prince Harry could be visiting the UK ‘every few months’ over the coming year (Picture: Aaron Chown/Getty Images) Prince Harry could visit the UK more regularly after his recent ‘successful’ trip back, royal sources say. The Duke of Sussex visited the UK last month for the one-year countdown to the…
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)