A BODY has been found in the search for a boy, 15, who went missing while swimming at a park.
The teenager vanished in Beckenham Place Park in Lewisham, London, just after 3pm yesterday.

Emergency services coordinated a search party yesterday[/caption]

A police helicopter arrived as part of search efforts[/caption]

A fire engine, helicopter, and incident response unit assisted[/caption]
Cops rushed to the park after the boy got into difficulty in the water and launched a desperate search.
The London Fire Brigade, Met Police and an NHS incident response vehicle swarmed the area.
A police helicopter was also spotted as part of a search party.
The Met Police confirmed the search has now been called off after a body was found.
Specialist teams made the discovery at around 10.40pm on Friday.
The teen was taken to hospital where he was tragically pronounced dead.
Cops are treating his death as “unexpected” but “not believed to be suspicious”.
Meanwhile, a dog walker, whose home backs on to the park where the incident occurred, claimed: “He’ll be a local boy but I don’t know him, it’s so sad, it was the first day of the school holidays.
“They ought to close this lake down, this is the second time something like this has happened.
“Before a two year old got stuck in the mud and almost drowned, he didn’t die though.
“It’s really deep and it’s so dangerous, the water is so cold.
“When I saw all the helicopters I thought someone had been stabbed but then the news came out about this.
“It’s just such a shame, it makes me worried for my grandchildren, it wasn’t this dangerous when we were young.”
Another local said: “It’s only open at certain times and it is generally very safe, but it isn’t always open.”
Police have now left the scene and security guards have closed the gates to the lake and are preventing members of the public from going into the area.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: “Met Police has suspended a search for a 15-year-old boy at Beckenham Place Park, following the discovery of a body.
“Officers were called to the park shortly after 15:00hrs on Friday, 4 April following reports of a boy going missing after getting into difficulty in the water.
“Specialist diving teams were in attendance alongside the London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade.
“A boy was recovered from the lake at around 22:42hrs on Friday, 4 April.
“He was taken to hospital where he was sadly pronounced dead. His death is being treated as unexpected but not believed to be suspicious.
“His family are aware and continue to receive support.”

Cops have called off their urgent search for a missing 15-year-old[/caption]

Emergency services rushed to the scene at around 3pm yesterday[/caption]

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online
Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.