Summary List Placement
You might be a member of one or more Twitter lists and not even realize it.
An often-overlooked Twitter feature, lists are curated collections of Twitter users that anyone can make to see a custom collection of tweets. The bottom line is that Twitter lists let users create a themed, custom Twitter experience.
Anyone can add you to a list. You can subscribe to the lists you’re a member of, or remove yourself from the list.
How to see the Twitter lists you’re on using a web browser
1. Open the Twitter website.
2. Click the “Lists” icon from the menu on the left side of the screen. It’s located above the “Profile” icon and below the “Bookmarks” icon.
3. You should now see the Lists page. In the “Your Lists” section, you can see any lists you are on that you have subscribed to. To see all the lists you’re on, even if you haven’t subscribed, click the three dots at the top right and then click “Lists you’re on.”
How to see the Twitter lists you’re on using the mobile app
1. Start the Twitter app and tap your profile icon in the upper left corner to show the slide-out menu.
2. Click “Lists.”
3. You should now see the Lists page. Here you will see any lists you’re on that you’ve subscribed to. To see all the lists you’re a member of, even if you haven’t subscribed, click the three dots at the top right and then click “Lists you’re on” in the pop-up at the bottom of the screen.
How to subscribe to a Twitter list you’re on
1. On the “Lists you’re on” page, tap or click a list you want to subscribe to.
2. At the top of the page, tap “Follow.”
3. The next time you refresh the page, you should see this list appear in the lists you’re subscribing to.
How to remove yourself from a Twitter list
1. On the “Lists you’re on” page, tap or click a list you want to remove yourself from.
2. Tap or click the three dots at the top right of the screen.
3. Tap or click “Block [account name].”
When you block the list administrator, you’ll automatically be removed from the list because that user will no longer have access to your tweets.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to clear your Twitter cache on a mobile device to make the app run more efficiently
How to add alt text to images on Twitter so that they can be read with screen readers
How to find your Drafts on Twitter and create or delete them
How to change your Twitter email address on a computer or mobile device
How to pin a tweet to your Twitter profile on a computer or mobile device
SEE ALSO: The best cheap headphones
Join the conversation about this story »
Source:: Business Insider