(CNN) Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said in an email to staffers Saturday that his office “will not tolerate attempts to intimidate our office or threaten the rule of law in New York.”
The email was sent after former President Donald Trump posted on social media that he expects to be arrested in connection with the New York City Attorney’s office’s ongoing investigation into a hush-money scheme involving adult film actress Stormy Daniels and his supporters asked to protest against such a step.
Bragg said his office is coordinating with the New York City Police Department and the court to “ensure that any specific or credible threats against the office are fully investigated and that the proper safeguards are put in place to ensure all 1,600 of us have a safe work environment.” , according to the email, which was first received by Politico.
Manhattan District Attorney spokeswoman Danielle Filson confirmed the contents of the email to CNN but declined to comment further.
The district attorney added that his office “will continue to apply the law equitably and fairly and will only speak publicly when appropriate,” as he said they do in all investigations.
CNN’s John Miller reported Friday that meetings between city, state and federal law enforcement agencies were taking place in New York City over security preparations for a possible indictment of Trump.
National Security Council communications coordinator John Kirby said Sunday the White House was closely monitoring the situation, but said he was not aware of any White House preparations for protests or major activity after Trump’s post.
“We’re always monitoring the situation here as best we can,” Kirby told Fox News on Sunday. Of course, if we look at it, we’ll be watching it closely.”
This story has been updated with additional information.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- Cohen says Trump is calling for a protest against the DA investigation in Manhattan, signaling a desire for a “violent clash” on his behalf News Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen said Saturday that former President Trump’s calls for a protest at the Manhattan District Attorney’s investigation signal a desire for “another violent clash” on his behalf. “It’s eerily similar to the rallying cry he let out just before the Jan. 6 riot, you know, especially…
- Manhattan Beach unveils new plaque at Bruce’s Beach park News The recent rain clouds departed just in time for the sun to shine on a new monument that was unveiled in Manhattan Beach this weekend. Manhattan Beach cut the ribbon on its new plaque at Bruce’s Beach Park on Saturday, March 18. The new marker honors Black entrepreneurs Willa and…
- Alvin Bragg Politics: Is the Manhattan DA a Democrat? News President Donald Trump, writing on Truth Social, has slammed the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, headed by Alvin Bragg, as “highly political” and said its “leader is funded by George Soros.” Is this true? What are Bragg’s politics? The comments came in a Truth Social post in which the former president…
- Alvin Bragg & George Soros: Manhattan DA’s Funding Ties News President Donald Trump, writing on Truth Social, said that the Manhattan District Attorney’s office’s “leader is funded by George Soros.” The leader of that office is Alvin Bragg, the Democratic DA who took office in January 2022, according to Ballotpedia. In the Truth Social post, Trump also wrote that he…
- Donald Trump posts on Facebook for the first time since two-year ban News Ex-President Donald Trump posted on Facebook on Friday for the first time since being reinstated (Pictures: AFP/Facebook) Former President Donald Trump has gone live with his first Facebook post since 2021. ‘I’M BACK!’ wrote Trump in the post on Friday afternoon. It was accompanied by a 12-second 2024 Trump campaign…