A BARBARIC Russian missile strike on Volodymyr Zelensky’s hometown has killed at least 14 people, including six children.
More than 50 people have been left injured in one of the deadliest attacks in recent weeks and as Russia claims it wants a ceasefire.


Shocking footage shows dead teenagers lying in the streets of Zelensky’s hometown[/caption]


The missile slammed into homes in Kryvyi Rih on Friday evening, destroying buildings, sparking fires, and unleashing chaos on the streets.
Bloodied survivors staggered into the open or were pulled from the rubble on stretchers as flames roared from shattered buildings.
Children and parents were killed where they had been playing at a park nearby the homes.
And dead teenagers were left lying in the street after the brutal blitz.
In a post on Telegram, Zelensky said: “A Russian missile in an ordinary city. Just on the street. In an area with residential buildings.”
“As of now, 14 people have died, including 6 children. My condolences to the family and friends.”
At least five homes were damaged, and a rescue operation is still ongoing, the brave Ukrainian leader said.
Zelensky continued: “Russian strikes every day. People die every day. There is only one reason why this continues:
“Russia does not want a ceasefire, and we see it. The whole world sees it. Every missile, every strike drone proves that Russia only wants war.”
The attack followed a drone strike on Kharkiv Thursday night that killed five civilians.
Grim scenes unfolded as emergency teams carried black body bags from a burning apartment block while shocked residents embraced and sobbed under the night sky.
In Kryvyi Rih, the strike shattered a residential district. “Not a single military facility – just civilian infrastructure,” said Ukraine’s human rights ombudsman Dmytro Lubinets.
Regional governor Serhii Lysak described the strike as a “fight against civilians”, confirming children were among the dead.
Video shared in local Telegram chats showed grey smoke billowing, and bodies lying motionless on the pavement.
One user on X posted: “12 dead, 3 of them children and more than 50 injured after Russia hit Kryvyi Rih with a ballistic missile on a Friday evening.”
Another post from The Ukrainian Review added: “In Kryvyi Rih, there was a playground near the site of strike, 5 children are known to have died.”
The message tagged Donald Trump, Elon Musk, special envoy Steve Witkoff, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, and Secretary of State Marco Rubio, asking: “@SecRubio, does this look like Russia is serious about peace?”
At a NATO meeting in Brussels, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha echoed the outrage: “Now, I think it is obvious who wants peace and who wants war. We must get Russia serious about peace. We must pressure Russia into peace.”
More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online
Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.