Moment Rachel Reeves hits back at flag heckler calling her a ‘piece of s***’
To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that supports HTML5
video
Up Next
Previous Page
Next Page
Nigel Farage has offered to buy a pint for a man who shouted that the Chancellor is a ‘piece of s***’ to her face.
Rachel Reeves was filmed trying to ignore a Reform UK supporter yelling abuse as she tried to do a piece to camera at a petrol station in Leeds.
The man in a truck, flying two St George’s flags, repeatedly shouted over her, causing her take to be ruined.
The driver yelled: ‘Nigel Farage, go on Nigel,’ before telling her: ‘You’re ruining the country. Get Keir Starmer out.’
As he drove off, he continued: ‘I’ve got British flags on. Am I going to get arrested? We’ve got English flags on here, Rachel, am I going to get arrested?’
Sign up for all of the latest stories
Start your day informed with Metro’s News Updates newsletter or get Breaking Newsalerts the moment it happens.
Rachel Reeves tried to get her point across at the pumps during a media visit to a Leeds petrol station (Credits: Jacob King/PA Wire)
Ms Reeves responded: ‘I love our country. I love our country – and one of the things about our country is good manners.’
He is then heard yelling ‘piece of s***’, at her, before she shouted back ‘Not very British’.
Regaining composure, Reeves joked with reporters: ‘I don’t think he heard the news about the freeze in fuel duty.’
It took moments for the clip to be posted online before Nigel Farage weighed in, adding: ‘I’d like to buy this man a pint.
‘Does anyone know how I can find him?’
A man heckles the Chancellor of the Exchequer Rachel Reeves during her visit to a petrol station in Leeds (Picture: Jacob King/PA Wire)
The clash came as Labour faces mounting pressure following heavy losses in recent local and devolved elections, raising fresh questions about Sir Keir Starmer’s leadership.
Earlier in the day, the Prime Minister confirmed the 5p per litre fuel duty cut, first introduced in March 2022, will be extended until the end of the year.
That means duty will remain at just under 53p per litre, with previously planned rises now scrapped.
Fuel prices have surged in recent months, with petrol up around 26p per litre and diesel up 44p since late February amid disruption linked to tensions in the Middle East.
Ms Reeves said the move would give families and businesses ‘certainty’.
‘This isn’t a war we started or joined,’ she said. ‘But it is having an impact here in the UK… and I recognise the challenges people are facing.’
Dolly Parton Thought One of Her Mega-Hits Would Be a Disaster for Her Entertainment <p id="par-1_53">One of Dolly Parton’s most significant early hits was 1977’s “Here You Come Again.” The song marked her crossover onto the pop charts and helped <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/news/dolly-parton-bullied-school-locally-famous.html/">launch her to super stardom</a>. She initially had doubts about it, though. Parton told <a href="https://www.cheatsheet.com/news/dolly-partons-friends-family-wary-management.html/">her manager</a> that she thought the song would…
Marc Cucurella transfer battle begins as second European giant comes calling Sports Marc Cucurella is attracting attention from huge clubs in his homeland (Picture: Getty Images) Marc Cucurella is set to be a man in demand this summer, with two Champions League giants interested in the Chelsea full-back. The Spain international has been at Stamford Bridge since August 2022 when he moved…
‘It’s done!’ – Declan Rice hits back at Man City fans after leading Arsenal celebrations Sports Rice and the Arsenal squad and staff got the party started at their training ground (Picture: Getty) Declan Rice took a swipe back at those who mocked him in the title race as Arsenal were officially crowned Premier League champions. Manchester City’s 1-1 draw with Bournemouth on Tuesday night ended…
Trump’s beloved $400,000,000 ballroom hits new stumbling block News Taxpayer money would still fund the security costs of the new ballroom (Picture: Reuters) Donald Trump’s prized ballroom is facing further delays after the Senate removed more than $1 billion in taxpayer funding for security upgrades to the building. The cost of the President’s planned White House ballroom has ballooned…
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.