10 more OC lifeguards, park aides sue state, ex-boss over secret nude recordings

Ten more lifeguards and park aides are alleging they were recorded nude or semi-nude by a hidden camera placed in a locker room in the lifeguard headquarters at Bolsa Chica State Beach by a former high-level supervisor, according to a newly-filed lawsuit.

The civil complaint was filed on Monday, Aug. 17 in Orange County Superior Court by Gloria Allred, a high-profile victim-rights and discrimination attorney. It is at least the fourth lawsuit against former California State Parks Supervisor Kevin Pearsall and the parks division — collectively, the suits include at least 15 alleged victims seeking financial compensation.

Attorneys have indicated they are also representing at least another seven alleged victims.

Pearsall, a 59-year-old Long Beach resident, is also facing a criminal case with five felony counts of eavesdropping and more than two dozen misdemeanor counts of secretly filming or unlawful dissemination of private recordings.

Pearsall — who oversaw state parks across Orange County — is accused by prosecutors of having used a hidden camera in a portion of a locker room where employees were told to change to record the “genitals or buttocks” of 23 different men without their knowledge. The facility where the recordings took place is not open to the public but used by employees, including seasonal lifeguards, office and maintenance staffers and park aides.

The camera — put in what looked like a USB stick — recorded audio and video before it was discovered in July 2025, according to prosecutors. The recordings were captured over 11 months, they said.

At least some of the captured images were allegedly sent by Pearsall to undisclosed individuals, prosecutors say.

Pearsall’s attorney has declined to comment on the allegations.

More than a half-dozen lifeguards were in the courtroom gallery when Pearsall appeared at an arraignment at the Westminster courthouse earlier this month. He did not enter a plea and is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 21.

Pearsall was placed on administrative leave after the hidden-camera footage was discovered and then retired. If convicted as charged, he faces up to 18 years and eight months behind bars.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *