A man has been charged in connection with the theft of more than $1 million in property from a Gold Coast residence last month, Chicago police said.
Officers arrested Quentin Jones, 45, Wednesday and charged him with one felony count of theft of more than $1 million and one felony count of residential burglary, police said.
The investigation stems from a call police received on the afternoon of July 18 along the first block of East Scott Street. There, police met with a 23-year-old man who told them he had returned home and discovered it had been robbed, police said.
Jewelry, handbags, watches, other high-end items and a safe containing additional belongings were stolen, police said.
Video showed multiple people entering the property, police said.
Area 3 detectives recovered additional video of the people and vehicles involved and identified Jones as one of the alleged burglars.
Detectives also obtained video footage that they said showed Jones purchasing tools they believe aided in the burglary.
Police said they found that the residence had been observed for weeks before the home was invaded.
The investigation remains open as detectives search for additional suspects.
Anyone with information regarding the theft can submit an anonymous tip to CPDTip.com.
Related Posts:
- Rams’ Matthew Stafford and Davante Adams put connection on display News LOS ANGELES — Snap, catch. Snap, catch. Snap, catch. Quarterback Matthew Stafford and wide receiver Davante Adams were in midseason form Thursday morning in Woodland Hills during an hour of 11-on-11 action against the New Orleans Saints, the reigning MVP finding his top target – with star wide receiver Puka…
- Trained Coast Guard swimmer recalls dramatic rescue of man who’d been missing for hours after watercraft mishap near Long Beach News Flying low in a Coast Guard helicopter, and knowing from experience that the success of their mission might be a longshot, Luke Singer and his crew suddenly spotted what they’d been seeking: a man floating in the ocean on his back, clad in a green life-jacket — more than 12…
- Mobile gold miners in eastern Congo complicate health workers’ efforts to contain Ebola News By CONSTANT SAME BAGALWA and MARK BANCHEREAU IGA-BARRIÈRE, Congo (AP) — Isaac Batisa is only a child but he spends his days digging for gold at a mining site in eastern Congo, hoping to earn enough money to support his family. The 11-year-old is among hundreds of people, many of…
- Boy, 15, killed in wrong-way motorway crash is carried in gold coffin at his funeral News To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Up Next Previous Page Next Page One of the teenagers killed in a car which was travelling the wrong way down the M9 has been laid to rest in a gold coffin.…
- Charter boat hauls in 1,260-pound blue marlin believed to be East Coast’s largest catch News By PATRICK WHITTLE PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Damon Sacco had never seen anything like the fish he and fellow anglers fought for hours in the waters off Massachusetts. As it rose from the depths, it looked like a glimmering blue spaceship. Sacco, a longtime Massachusetts charter fishing boat captain, saw…
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)