Chelsea are open to offloading Jackson before the end of the summer transfer window and Atletico’s sporting director, Mateu Alemany, was in London on Thursday to discuss a deal for the Senegal international.
According to Marca, Jackson has now approved a move to Diego Simeone’s side but Atletico have not managed to reach an agreement with Chelsea.
The report claims that Jackson views Atletico as ‘the most appealing’ destination, however, Chelsea’s preference is to sell Jackson rather than see the striker leave on another season-long loan.
Exclusive Premier League previews
Get ahead of the start of the season with our weekly football newsletter. Sign up now for free.
Chelsea are now said to be waiting for Villa to step forward with an offer for Jackson before the window closes.
Villa remain in the market to sign a striker as they face the prospect of selling Ollie Watkins to Al-Hilal.
Chelsea are waiting for Aston Villa to make their move for Nicolas Jackson (Getty)
Earlier this week, Villa rejected a bid of €45 million (£38.5m) from the Saudi Pro League side for the England international.
Jackson is also understood to be open to joining Aston Villa, where he would be reunited with Unai Emery having played under the Spaniard at Villarreal.
Chelsea are demanding a £60m fee for Jackson, who has scored 30 goals in 81 appearances for the club.
Jackson was left out of Chelsea’s squad for their final pre-season friendly last Saturday as Xabi Alonso’s side sealed a 3-1 win against Real Sociedad at Stamford Bridge.
Alejandro Balde makes huge transfer decision after Man Utd hold talks Sports Balde’s future at Barcelona appears to be uncertain (Picture: NurPhoto/Shutterstock) Alejandro Balde has decided to leave Barcelona with Manchester United making contact over a move. United are poised to complete their midfield rebuild with Carlos Baleba set to join from Brighton in a £65million deal. But Saturday’s dismal 2-0 defeat…
Arsenal make decision over Victor Osimhen transfer after Galatasaray warning Sports Arsenal are not willing to break the bank to sign Victor Osimhen from Galatasaray (Getty) Arsenal remain hopeful over signing Victor Osimhen but have told the Galatasaray striker that he needs to lower his salary demands, according to reports. Mikel Arteta is looking to add another attacking player to his…
Chelsea in talks to sell £65m star after Xabi Alonso decision Sports New Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso (Picture: Getty) Chelsea are in talks to sell Nicolas Jackson after Xabi Alonso placed the striker in a group of players who are training away from the first-team squad ahead of the new season. The Blues have more than 40 first-team players listed on their…
Chelsea finalising deal to sell £65m star to Atletico after Xabi Alonso decision Sports Jacskon is not in Alonso’s plans (Picture: Chelsea FC via Getty Images) Atletico Madrid are finalising a deal to sign Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson on loan. The Blues are still working to trim their bloated squad before the summer transfer window deadline with Jackson admired by Aston Villa, Tottenham and…
Ian Wright reveals fear over Myles Lewis-Skelly transfer to Man Utd or Chelsea Sports Myles Lewis-Skelly insists he is happy at Arsenal (Credits: Frankie OKeeffe/PPAUK) Ian Wright fears Myles Lewis-Skelly’s status as a homegrown player could influence Arsenal’s openness to a shock sale in the closing weeks of the transfer window. The Gunners are primed to continue their summer spending after agreeing a £51…
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.