LIV Golf is ending its season one week earlier than planned, announcing Monday it will not hold the team championship in Michigan next week and instead crown the team champion this week in Indiana.
The 12 tournaments this year — New Orleans was previously postponed — is the shortest schedule for the league since it was launched with massive Saudi Arabia funding in 2022.
Jon Rahm already has clinched the individual season title for the third straight year. LIV Golf Indianapolis, which starts Thursday at The Club at Chatham Hills, will determine who finishes second and third among players, and the top team.
The Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, the financial muscle of the rival league from the start, decided in March this would be the final year of funding. LIV Golf announced earlier this month it has an agreement with a lead investor that would sustain a new version of the league for 2027.
The cancellation of LIV Golf Michigan was not surprising. There have been reports in recent weeks that the tournament has not even started preparing with grandstands and other amenities.
LIV says tickets will be refunded. It also said it is canceling the entertainment it had lined up for the Indiana event.
Related Posts:
- LIV Golf cancels Michigan team event, will end season early News LIV Golf is ending its season one week earlier than planned, announcing Monday it will not hold the team championship in Michigan next week and instead crown the team champion this week 20 miles north of Indianapolis. The 12 events this year — New Orleans was previously postponed — is…
- Dolly Parton, 80, cancels fan appearance after suffering ‘few little health issues’ Entertainment Dolly Parton had to cancel an in-person fan event at Dollywood over health concerns (Picture: AFF-USA/Shutterstock) Dolly Parton was forced to pull out of an in-person fan event after experiencing ‘dizziness and dehydration’. The 80-year-old country music legend had meant to jet into the Tennessee-based Dollywood theme park for the…
- Brendan O’Carroll cancels Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas and New Year’s specials due to ‘immediate surgery’ Entertainment Brendan O’Carroll said he requires ‘immediate surgery’ on his jaw (Picture: BBC/Alan Peebles) Mrs Brown’s Boys star Brendan O’Carroll has announced that he is cancelling two upcoming Christmas and New Year’s specials due to an ‘immediate surgery’ needed on his jaw. The 70-year-old comedian shared the news with his fans…
- Jessica Bang Cause of Death: Golf Prodigy Passes Away at 18 Entertainment Reading Time: 2 minutes We have tragic news to report from the world of sports. Jessica Bang, an 18-year-old Australian golfer who was preparing to compete in a tournament in Bangkok, Thailand, has died after suffering a brain hemorrhage. Bang suddenly collapsed on August 1 while preparing for the tournament.…
- 6 dead, including suspect, in series of killings in Michigan News MISSAUKEE COUNTY, MICH. (AP) — Five people were killed and a suspect is dead Friday after a series of killings that took place at two homes and a wooded area in Michigan, according to law enforcement. Michigan State Police were responding to reports of a shooting at a home in…
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)