QB Tyson Bagent doesn’t travel with Bears, is ‘week-to-week’

CINCINNATI — Bears quarterback Tyson Bagent did not travel with the team to their joint practice in Cincinnati and is “week-to-week,” coach Ben Johnson said. A source said earlier this week that the second-stringer hurt his hamstring during the Bears’ preseason win against the Browns on Saturday.

Bagent’s absence means the Bears have to make other plans for their next exhibition game — if not the next two. Johnson has said he’ll evaluate whether to play his starters based on their performance at the joint practice. The Bears plan to play their starters heavily Thursday, though, which offers a clue that they won’t play significant snaps Saturday. Another: Bengals coach Zac Taylor said Saturday he won’t play his own starters.

Veteran Case Keenum, who had a perfect 158.3 passer rating against the Browns, would figure to get the majority of Saturday’s snaps if the starters don’t play. The only other quarterback on the team is rookie Miller Moss, who once played behind Williams at USC.

Johnson spoke about an hour before the start of the Bears’ two-hour joint practice against the Bengals at the team’s practice facility adjacent to Paycor Stadium.

Bagent didn’t practice Sunday — nor did any other players who participated Saturday — and sat out practices on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The Bengals’ pass rush gave the Bears trouble Thursday morning, especially at the end of practice when the Bears’ two-minute drill fizzled with two sacks and an interception.
He got hurt in Saturday’s preseason game against the Browns.
Injuries have poked more holes in a unit that already had some question marks going into the season.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *