A 34-year-old man died late Saturday after he was shot multiple times in Englewood, Chicago police said.
The victim had been sitting inside a gray SUV in the 6200 block of May Street at about 9:16 p.m. when an unidentified gunman approached him on foot and fired shots before fleeing in an unknown direction, police said.
The man suffered gunshot wounds to the shoulder and abdomen, police said.
He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition before being pronounced dead.
Area 1 detectives are investigating.
Related Posts:
- 1 man killed, another critically wounded in McKinley Park shooting News One man was killed and another seriously injured during a shooting in the McKinley Park neighborhood Wednesday afternoon, according to Chicago police. The two men, 26 and 56, were inside a van in the 3800 block of South Western Boulevard at 3:51 p.m. when several people got out of a…
- Woman killed, man seriously injured in Little Village stabbing News A man is accused of plunging a steak knife into a woman, killing her, before turning the weapon on himself Tuesday in a Little Village apartment, according to police. No charges have been announced for the 59-year-old man, who was seriously injured, police said. He was arrested and remained hospitalized,…
- Woman, 64, killed by stray bullet; man shot 41 times in Garfield Park murders News Police continue to seek the assailants who chased down and shot a man 41 times, with one of the bullets mortally wounding a woman walking across the street in a double murder late Wednesday morning in the Garfield Park neighborhood. The 25-year-old man, who hasn't yet been identified, parked his…
- Man charged in South Shore shooting News A man is facing an attempted murder charge in connection with a Tuesday shooting in South Shore, according to Chicago police. Marquise Earskines, 25, faces a charge for attempted murder and aggravated battery while discharging a firearm, along with a misdemeanor count of domestic battery, police said. The 27-year-old man…
- Army resumes Apache helicopter training missions after Texas crash that killed 2 News FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — The U.S. Army said Wednesday it will resume Apache helicopter training missions after a brief pause prompted by a crash in Texas last week killed two soldiers. The cause of the Aug. 12 crash near Fort Hood remains under investigation by the Combat Readiness Center…
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)