Police recovered a knife after a ‘known’ suspect plunged it into into the face of a man killing him, late Monday in the Norwood Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
Around 11:15 p.m., Giovanni Martinez began arguing and fighting with someone he knew in the 6000 block of North Harlem Avenue when he was stabbed in the face, Chicago police said.
Martinez, of the 1800 block of North Avers Avenue, suffered puncture wounds and was taken to the Advocate Lutheran General Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 12:02 a.m., the Cook County medical examiner’s office. An autopsy is scheduled.
The attacker was arrested at the scene and a knife was recovered, officials said.
Charges were pending.
Related Posts:
- Infant girl fatally stabbed in Gage Park; suspect held News A baby girl was fatally stabbed Friday morning on the Southwest Side, and a suspect who leaped from a window to escape is in custody. Nyhnia Stovall was inside a home in the 3000 block of West 59th Street when a "known offender" used a knife to stab her in…
- Gage Park woman charged with fatally stabbing infant daughter during argument with father Uncategorized A woman has been charged with fatally stabbing her infant daughter in Gage Park after allegedly arguing with the child’s father about waking up her other children. Tatiana Maxwell, 25, faces murder charges in connection to the Friday morning incident that left her less than one-month-old daughter, Nyhnia Stovall, dead,…
- Gage Park woman charged with fatally stabbing infant daughter during argument with father News A woman has been charged with fatally stabbing her infant daughter in Gage Park after allegedly arguing with the child's father about waking up her other children. Tatiana Maxwell, 25, faces murder charges in connection to the Friday morning incident that left her less than one-month-old daughter, Nyhnia Stovall, dead,…
- Chicago's federal court will begin notifying the public when a grand jury rejects criminal charges News Following unusual decisions by federal grand jurors last fall to reject certain criminal charges during Operation Midway Blitz, the federal court in Chicago has adopted a new rule that could help the public better understand how often the secretive panels refuse to hand up indictments. Long viewed with cynicism for…
- US prosecutors drop fraud charges against billionaire Indian businessman Gautam Adani News By MICHAEL R. SISAK and LARRY NEUMEISTER NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. prosecutors asked a judge Monday to dismiss criminal fraud and conspiracy charges against Indian billionaire Gautam Adani, who had been accused of duping investors in a massive solar project in India. Adani, one of the world’s richest people, was accused…
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)